It’s like a greeting card, except that the message inside is appalling.
It is a flyer sent out the Georgia Democratic Party urging blacks to vote in the midterm election. That part is fine. What is not fine is the implication that unless this voting bloc make its voices heard in the polls in two weeks, innocent blacks will be shot to death in the street by police execution-style much in the manner of 18-year-old Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo.
Apparently, the flyer is a foldout that is printed on four sides. Here are the images courtesy of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
Notice, by the way, that the text and pictures present the version of the Brown shooting — that the teen threw his hands up in the universal “surrender” sign and was mercilessly shot down in cold blood by a racist white cop — that has been challenged all along by several eyewitnesses and was recently refuted by the forensic evidence.
Perhaps the most sobering aspect of this flyer is that it was not sent out by some shady political action committee but by the state Democratic Party. Is this really what electoral politics in the nation have come to?
- Forensics support Ferguson cop; protesters threaten nationwide violence (Video)
- Ferguson cop: ‘There was a struggle; I was pinned in my vehicle’
- Usual-suspect leftists glom onto Ferguson like barnacles
- Ferguson, MO, police plan for possible riots if cop who shot Michael Brown not charged
- Expected surge in voter registration in Ferguson, MO, never materialized
- More looting, violence in Ferguson, MO, after memorial to Michael Brown accidentally catches fire
- Dem Councilwoman: Ferguson shows government going to ‘round up and execute’ blacks