Life sometimes imitates art, but this sounds a lot like art imitating porn.
ABC San Diego affiliate KGTV reports that a professor at UC San Diego is forcing his students to strip down to their bare essentials as part of their final exam in his visual art course or take an F for the semester.
The teacher, Ricardo Dominguez, who has been insisting on this prerequisite for years, make no bones about the erotic nature of the assignment, which he explains is in the course syllabus. It is the seventh of eight “gestures” students must to perform to receive a grade and is described as follows:
Gender as Self.
Create a gesture that traces the condition of your “self” as gender.
If it sounds a little like a guy getting his jollies ogling a bunch of naked nubile women, it sounds even seamier when you learn that Dominguez also strips during the
orgy exam, which takes place, moreover, in a candlelit room.
According to UCSD’s website, Dominguez is an Associate Professor in the Department of Visual Arts, where he has been teaching for 11 years. For some reason, there is a picture of him standing in front of a police car marked border patrol, but that may be a reference to his extracurricular pursuits, which include having created a GPS app for cell phones that could used to help illegal immigrants sneak across the border from Mexico into the United States. In 2010, he was investigated following accusations that he had hacked into the university president’s website.
As to his nudity requirement, the mother of one female student in the class was interviewed by KGTV:
- Czech schoolteacher fired after teenage students discover her porn video
- Teacher placed on leave after officials see him in racy video with former students
- 73-year-old Montreal teacher fired over porn films she made more than 40 years ago
- Teacher sacked for being porn star appeals, claims she can ‘promote Christian values’
- The Snappening: Hackers threaten to post thousands of nude pix of kids as young as 10 online (Video)
- U. of Alabama censors pro-life display but not full frontal nudity
- ‘Girls’ producers go on ‘rage spiral’ defending nudity
- To prove importance of ‘right’ to public nudity, journalist removes top during interview
- German sex-ed book for 5-year-olds shows nudity, erect penis
- 4 arrested for defying San Francisco’s nudity ban
- Gynecologist arrested for taking nude photos of his patients
- U of Chicago Sex Week includes ‘Temple of C*m,’ ‘Taste of Kink,’ rope-tying
- College Feminists celebrate Sex Week at Northwestern U. with ‘sex position cookies’
- University displays billboard-sized naked vaginas in pro-abortion exhibit