Oh what a tangled web we weave…!
According to a piece published yesterday at New York magazine, NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams, who has been suspended for six months without pay, met last night with NBC Universal CEO Steve Burke, along with Williams’s agent. At the meeting, the pair was “presented with a dossier of Williams’s apparent lies, according to sources.” Dossier?
Further along in the article, author Gabriel Sherman notes that “word of Williams’s habit of embellishing spread through the network over the last decade,” prompting “powerful voices” to try “to stop him.”
[F]ormer NBC News president Steve Capus and Tom Brokaw implored Williams to stick to the facts…. “This is similar to Dan Rather in the ’80s,” one former NBC executive told me. “There’s no checks and balances. Brian has so much power.”
Now NBC is doing what any business large or small does when it finds out one of its highest paid employees has been guilty of dereliction: They are investigating Williams’s expense accounts to see whether lying is invariably a companion sin to cheating and stealing.
- Brian Williams suspended for 6 months without pay; ‘deserves second chance’
- Like Brian Williams, Hillary Clinton also falsely claimed dodging enemy fire
- Another member of the MSM caught lying (Video)
- Brian Williams and the God complex
- NBC Nightly News apologizes for misplacing state of New Hampshire
- NYT buried story of Brian Williams’s lie