This year’s Black Friday was a bust, according to Bloomberg. Sales were down 11% from last year. A survey by the National Retail Federation ascribed the decline to an improved economy, which in turn lessened consumers’ reliance on deep discounts.
While this was bad news for retailers, it was encouraging news for Blackout for Human Rights, a group that organized Ferguson-driven boycotts at shopping malls across the country last Friday and hopes eventually to topple capitalism.
You wouldn’t know capitalism was evil to judge from the lifestyle of the group’s marketing director. His name is Michael Latt. He is white and very rich — and unashamed to show it.
GotNews, which broke the story on Sunday, has a number of images from Latt’s Facebook page that show him living the good life he claims to abhor. One, a shot of Latt at the wheel of his yacht, is reproduced below:
Other photos, all dripping with “white privilege,” capture Latt fighting the good fight for poor, urban America … by, for example, “hanging at the pool in Malibu, on the beach in Jamaica and France, clubbing and pubbing in London, Madrid, and Barcelona.”
A video by Blackout for Human Rights is likewise in-your-face in its message, which advises, “Control how black money is spent and you win the game.” Now that’s transparency.
- White Ferguson protesters at Michael Brown vigil sent to ‘back of bus’
- To fight racism, college plans happy hour that excludes whites
- Columbia University seeks to change ‘white only’ requirement for fellowship
- Turns out there’s a ‘White Privilege Conference.’ Yes, it’s taxpayer-funded
- U. of Minnesota Black Student Union: Stop mentioning race in crime alerts
- Common Core: ‘Educating’ 4th-graders about ‘white privilege’
- The conversation on race people us people of white privilege should have with our kids
- Report: Affirmative action has made ‘white privilege’ worse
- Who’s ready to desegregate organized sports in favor of white athletes?
- College concert cancelled because band members ‘not white enough’
- MSNBC’s Harris-Perry says securing border equivalent to racial segregation
- Watch me call out NAACP for political segregation on Hannity (Video)
- First lady denounces segregation, while Obama administration promotes it