It’s hard to say which is the most liberal college in the known universe, but Rutgers, the state university of New Jersey, has to be at least among the top ten. In 2015 alone, the school’s faculty generated no fewer than three headlines at LU, one involving a lecturer (Rutgers lecturer: ‘No good white people … only less bad white people’), two involving professors (Rutgers U. professor: Christian conservatives worship ‘a**hole’ God and ‘white supremacist Jesus’ and Rutgers prof defends billionaire pedophile: 14-year-old prostitution not ‘so heinous’).
Make that four. Campus Reform reports:
Deepa Kumar, a Middle Eastern studies and media studies professor at Rutgers University, tweeted earlier this year that, “Yes ISIS is brutal, but US is more so, 1.3 million killed in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan.”
The tweet linked to a Democracy Now article about casualties in the wars in the Middle East.
Trending: Quick, name this war-torn country
— Deepa Kumar (@ProfessorKumar) March 26, 2015
Campus Reform goes on to note that the tweet, sent in March, only recently began to garner attention after Kumar made a presentation at an “Understanding Conflict” conference at the University of Bath in England in June.
She now joins such notable members of academe as Saida Grundy, of Boston University, who declared that slavery is a strictly white phenomenon, and Zandria Robinson, formerly of the University of Memphis, who was fired after equating whiteness to terrorism.
Rutgers, meantime, openly concedes on its website that, as a public university, it “relies on government funding as a vital component of its annual budget.” A chart here shows that more than 20% of its revenue comes from state and federal appropriations, with another 20% from federal, state, and municipal grants and contracts. In other words, taxpayers are helping to fund Kumar’s anti-American, pro-terrorist screed.
- Rutgers lecturer: ‘No good white people … only less bad white people’
- Rutgers student gov’t wants to diversify mascot to include black, female, ‘third gender’ flavors
- Rutgers U. professor: Christian conservatives worship ‘a**hole’ God and ‘white supremacist Jesus’
- Rutgers to hold first ever college fair for illegal immigrants
- Rutgers prof defends billionaire pedophile: 14-year-old prostitution not ‘so heinous’
- Boston U prof is back on social media taunting a white rape victim
- Tweet of the Day: Boston U prof informs white people slavery is a ‘y’all thing’
- Tweet of the Day: Black U. Memphis prof who equated whiteness with terrorism is fired