In show biz and sports, timing is everything. Deliver your line too soon or swing at a pitch too early, and calamity ensues.
Which brings us to today’s tweet, which requires some background. As J.E. Dyer reported yesterday, a shocking undercover video has surfaced that shows a Planned Parenthood representative cavalierly discussing the sale of baby parts with an undercover actor whom she took to be a prospective buyer. As if that idea is not already sufficiently nauseating, the conservation occurred over lunch.
It gets worse. In one scene, Deborah Nucatola, who is the organization’s senior director of medical services, states nonchalantly, “I’d say a lot of people want liver.” (Here’s hoping the red wine in the glass next to her plate isn’t a nice Chianti.)
Against this hideous backdrop comes perhaps the most poorly timed tweet ever written:
"We recognize that every child deserves opportunity. Not just some. Not just our own." —President Obama
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) July 14, 2015
A number of Twitter users were incredulous. Here are a just a couple of the many reactions:
@BarackObama Including the unborn?
— Jordan Legg (@TheJordanLegg) July 14, 2015
— Professor Ledbetter (@boatlandingbro) July 14, 2015
It’s not at all obvious that Obama would see the timing of his life-reaffirming tweet as his most recent gaffe. He has always been fiercely pro-abortion. As an Illinois senator, he repeatedly opposed the state’s Born Alive Infant Protection Act. The video that follows, not only underscores that position but contains evidence that at least one branch of Planned Parenthood commits negligent homicide when infants survive the abortion process.
- Under Obama more babies aborted than jobs created
- Shock report: Aborted babies burned as fuel to heat UK hospitals
- Obama: Churches should focus more on poverty than on abortion and gay marriage
- Obama will require faith-based groups to refer child refugees for ‘abortion services’
- Obama’s ‘We don’t have a strategy’ gaffe inspires YouTube and Twitter hilarity (Video)
- Associated Press admits inserting text covering Obama’s ‘gulf states’ gaffe
- Tweet of the Day: Real reason Obama couldn’t attend Paris rally yesterday *UPDATE*
- The eight biggest Democratic gaffes of 2014 (Video)