In his official White House statement Thursday on the church massacre in Charleston, President Obama decried what he described as the “senseless actions of a coward” who had “cut short so many lives with so much promise.” He then added:
Our hearts ache with sorrow with the entire Emanuel AME Church family as they seek solace and comfort in the shadow of a gunman’s act of pure evil and hatred.
His heart wasn’t so heavy that he felt impelled to postpone his trip to the West Coast, where a fundraiser for the Democratic National Committee had been planned at the home of a millionaire member of the Hollywood community. Then again, it could be argued that the presidency is a round-the-clock job and that the show must go on.
Obama continues to cast a pall of unseriousness over his presidency, which was already of questionable seriousness, planning a weekend of golf out in California following two days of fundraising on the Left Coast. [Emphasis added]
This just a week after throwing a White House bash for 500 of his closest friends. Meanwhile, his wife is on a taxpayer-funded excursion to Europe where she is promoting health and education overseas while taking in some sights with her daughters and her mother.
According to the Washington Examiner, Obama will golf in Palm Springs even amidst drought, a prospect that should deeply annoy enviros and Californians forced to restrict their water use. Golf courses are notorious guzzlers of water.
Obama’s hitting the links following the announcement of a tragedy is hardly news. This most recent incident pales on the chutzpah scale when compared with his heading out for a round of golf 10 minutes after holding a press conference on the death of American journalist James Wright Foley at the hands of Islamic State butchers.
- Libs: S.C. church shooter was egged on by Confederate flag over statehouse or something
- Obama addresses gun violence at Hollywood fundraiser
- Actually, President Obama, mass killings aren’t rare in other countries
- Obama ‘quips’ that the White House is his personal prison
- Tweet of the Day: Within 10 minutes of presser on death of US reporter, Obama back on links
- ISIS reportedly beheads U.S. journalist captured in Syria in 2012; threatens second captive *UPDATE*