The bombs bursting in air last night at the National Mall in D.C. were not the sort one expects of an event saluting our brave men and women in uniform past, present, and future. Those attending live or viewing the HBO live stream of the Veterans Day Concert for Valor were greeted by an unexpected fusillade of the most vulgar profanities known to school bathrooms everywhere — and tripping off the lips no less of a man who at age 42 should know better. His names is Marshall Bruce Mathers III, but he is known better to the world of rap as Eminem.
WARNING: The video that follows contains extreme profanity.
As TheBlaze reports, the performance ignited a storm of protest on Twitter, a sampling of which follows:
Turning off HBO after all the swearing coming out of EMINEM..they cld have put him on later..after kids like myself have gone to sleep
— Najat Dawaji (@NajatD) November 12, 2014
— emmmm (@emilyfrancis02) November 12, 2014
Not unpredictably, some on Twitter had Eminem’s back:
Who cares if he’s swearing, Eminem is probably bringing the most energy #ConcertForValor
— Marc Pitarresi (@marc_pitarresi) November 12, 2014
One might note that with freedom comes responsibility, but one would be wasting one’s breath.
- Watch Usain Bolt during U.S. National Anthem
- Our new National Anthem?
- ESPN mouth breather: Why do we play National (aka ‘War’) Anthem before games?
- Super Bowl Coke ad features multilingual version of ‘America the Beautiful’
- Why did CBS Sports refuse to air ad with child reciting ‘Pledge of Allegiance’? (Video)
- HS student suspended for refusing to say Pledge of Allegiance
- CO high school recites Pledge of Allegiance in Arabic: One Nation under Allah?
- Video: Maine council members refuse to stand for Pledge of Allegiance
- HS principal orders students to forgo Pledge of Allegiance, citing shutdown
- Boston school recites Muslim poem instead of Pledge of Allegiance on anniversary of 9/11
- School district apologizes for indoctrination video pledging allegiance to Obama