At first she managed to keep her identity secret and escape responsibility for her obscene and racist comments by deleting her two Twitter accounts. But a teacher at Duncanville High School in Texas has learned the hard way that the internet never forgets — unless your name is Lois Lerner.
Hers isn’t. It’s Vinita Hegwood, and on Friday she tweeted the message that follows during a heated back-and-forth with other tweeters over Ferguson:
Weasel Zippers was on the case from the get-go and reported the teacher’s name a short while ago, along with the advice that the “Duncanville High School administration met with her and suspended her without pay pending discharge.”
Below is a video of a press conference held after the meeting with Hegwood, along with a transcript:
Early this morning district officials met with Ms. Hegwood, the teacher who stated reprehensible personal opinions on her personal social media account. The district took swift action and exercised the fullest disciplinary action allowed under district policy. Ms. Hegwood was placed on suspension without pay pending discharge. Under state law, a school district’s Board of Trustees “fires” staff members, and the district will pursue that action with the board soon. In the meantime, the teacher has been placed on suspension without pay pending discharge.
The district wants the community to know that the actions of this one individual does not and should not represent the school district. Every day, two hundred and forty Duncanville High School teachers provide a school environment that fosters academic excellence, good citizenship and respect for others. Teachers give their life’s work to shaping the future, and this one individual does not represent our staff or our district.
- A black student, a hate crime hoax, and the lockdown of Sweet Briar College (Video)
- To fight racism, college plans happy hour that excludes whites
- U. of Minnesota Black Student Union: Stop mentioning race in crime alerts
- U. of Michigan Black Student Union threatens ‘physical action’ if demands not met
- Teacher tells students they can be arrested for badmouthing Obama
- College reprimands black professor for racial harassment of white students
- Rachel Jeantel ‘put a face on the tragedy of black education’
- NY school district apologizes for asking students to ‘argue Jews are evil’
- Tweet of the Day: If you’re black and angry over #Ferguson, ISIS wants you (so they say)!
- Black celebs publicly mock online photo of Michigan man with disfiguring disease
- A big sloppy ‘thank you’ to the MSM for tooting the racism dog-whistle against Bundy