The above headline is copied verbatim from New York’s Daily News and could be the first case in journalistic history of burying the lede before a word of the story appears. The Japanese have developed a “sex assault game?” Never mind the features. Is not the fact that the creators of this game makers are acknowledging — and catering to — a market for rapists and other perverts a story unto itself?
The article’s author, David Harding, goes on to note that the “game,” which went on display in Japan this past weekend, is virtual:
Users put on a head-mounted display where they can see a virtual girlfriend. The game also comes complete with a pair of fake breasts.
Players can grab hold of the fake boobs which are made from the same foam used for novelty mouse pads.
When they squeeze the foam breasts, the woman on the screen screams with shock.
For some. the horror factor will be mitigated slightly by the fact that the object of the assault is a cartoony wide-eyed waif of sort featured in Japanese anime, rather than a realish woman, but others will find this even more horrifying.
Here is a video for those for whom seeing is believing.
- College: Students must agree ‘why’ they had sex to avoid sexual assault charges
- Rotherham: Years of rape and ‘utter contempt’ in Britain
- Small business and consumers harmed by ‘rape culture’ panic
- Rape and sexual slavery inside an ISIS prison
- UK hotbed of child rape, much of it by Muslims