It’s sort of logical coming from an administration that sets its clocks by photos of the president to furnish an image of the commander-in-chief showing him at work — not at leisure — while he vacations on Martha’s Vineyard. Hence this photo of President Obama in street clothes, indoors, wearing a studiously serious expression as he gazes down at a document held by National Security Adviser Susan Rice.
— SalenaZito (@SalenaZitoTrib) August 11, 2014
The White House evidently deemed the release of the photo an expedient measure following reports that he spent five (count ’em, 5) hours on the golf course on Sunday even as Iraq descended further into chaos. Jim Hoft of Gateway Pundit writes:
As Obama was midway through his golf outing reports from Baghdad erupted with rumors that Prime Minister Nouri al Maliki was staging a coup to hold on to power as Iraq struggles to form a new government while fighting off the ISIS terrorists’ conquest of large swaths of Iraq.
The news out of Baghdad was preceded by an unheralded announcement that the Obama administration was evacuating some, but not all, U.S. personnel from Baghdad and Erbil.
Hoft’s source for the duration of Obama’s golf outing is a tweet by Nedra Pickler of the Associated Press:
Obama leaving Farm Neck Golf Course after five hours — Nedra Pickler (@nedrapickler) August 10, 2014
- Inevitable: Photo of Obama on phone with Putin
- WH releases photo of Obama firing rifle
- 3 mos later, WH releases photo of Obama on night of Benghazi raid
- Obama’s once and future photo ops are coming home to roost.
- Obama refuses border visit because he dislikes photo-ops; huh?
- AP editors: Obama relies on staged propaganda photos
- WH bans photos of Obama’s golf outing with Tiger
- Obama’s 12 favorite photos from 2012; 11 are of him