WARNING: Graphic content
If you keeping score of the casualties in Gaza, don’t count the corpse of a young girl, clad in a miniskirt, the upper half of her body reduced to a bloody pulp, her severed head lying a few feet away. A photo of this unspeakable atrocity is making the rounds on social media sympathetic to the Palestinian plight.
A photocopy of one such tweet appears below with the caption “Israeli Air Force kills children in Gaza,” conveniently translated into Russian, French, and Arabic.
There’s just one problem. As the Algemeiner (h/t Weasel Zippers) explains, the image is a still from a Hollywood horror flick. “Israel advocacy group StandWithUs on Tuesday posted a clip from … ‘The Final Destination 4,'” which is the source of the grisly casualty.
StandWithUs created a short clip of the scene from the movie containing the carnage.
This is not the first time the Palestinians have borrowed images to peddle their propaganda to gullible sympathizers in the West. In one previous conflict, their PR crew widely circulated a photograph of the wreckage of a Palestinian ambulance that had reportedly been struck by an Israeli missile. The context of the image, which later went viral, showed that the snapshot had been made in a junkyard of an old and rusting hulk that had been picked apart by scavengers.
- Condemnations from around the world pour in over death of Palestinian youth
- ‘Three Shalits’: This is where the Palestinian mothers were
- Palestinian Authority admits using U.S. foreign aid to pay terrorists
- Tweet of the Day: Palestinian people ‘party’ over kidnapping of Israeli teens
- Disturbing video: Young Palestinian boys brandish guns, vow to fight Israel
- Hamas children’s show: ‘Punch,’ ‘smash’ and ‘shoot’ Jews to ‘liberate Palestine’
- Pro-Palestinian activists leave ‘eviction’ notices in dorms for Jewish NYU students