While appearing on a local television program in Oklahoma, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius was left literally speechless upon being told how unpopular Obamacare really is, the Daily Caller reported Monday.
Oklahoma’s News 9 anchor Stan Miller said:
At last check, 64% of Oklahomans aren’t buying into the health-care plan — they don’t like Obamacare and they have been pretty vocal about it. Now that’s going to be, still continue to be a tough sell but we’ll see how that plays out over the coming months.
Sebelius did not respond, but simply stared into the camera, causing Miller to believe something was wrong with her audio.
“Alright, Secretary Sebelius, thank you so much for being with us this morning,” Miller said after about 7 seconds of silence. “I think we’ve probably lost sound here or something.”
“I can hear you, but I — thanks for having me,” Sebelius said.
“This is what happens when you speak Truth to Liberal Insanity,” one reader said at the Daily Caller.
A post at the conservative blog Right Scoop called the silence “awkward.”
An article at the Tea Party News Network said it was “painful to watch” Sebelius run out of talking points when faced with the reality that Americans do not approve of President Obama’s signature legislation.
CNN noted that while the numbers vary, polls show a majority of Americans do not approve of the law.
Real Clear Politics, using an average of recent polls, shows that overall, over 51% do not approve of Obamacare, while 39% approve.
Monday is technically the deadline for enrollment, but the administration has said it would give Americans several more days to enroll.
Video of the exchange can be seen here.
- White House mocked for glitchy Obamacare enrollment countdown clock
- Sen. Angus King to Chris Wallace: ‘There’s no such thing as Obamacare’
- Covered California sends voter registration card pre-marked for Democratic Party
- UN: Denying Obamacare to illegal immigrants a human rights concern
- Obamacare navigators reportedly enrolling people at Mexican consulates
- Report: Obamacare provision will allow ‘forced’ home inspections by gov’t agents