Despite the superficial similarities — a teenager in late summer “bored out of his mind” turns to killing — the story will pale next to the murder of a 22-year-old Australian man. Together, the stories nevertheless suggest a troubling trend.
CBS Chicago reports:
A 17-year-old Northwest Indiana boy is accused of a brutal crime against pets. Police say he hunted and killed three kittens in his neighborhood, then he posed for photos with the cats and posted them on Facebook….
Trending: Cartoon of the Day: CouPeachment
Police say defenseless kittens were skewered by a 17-year-old with a bow and arrow. Lake County Indiana investigator Michelle Dvorscak showed [reporters] photos that a teen allegedly posed for and posted on Facebook, photos too gruesome to show.
‘Two kittens on an arrow. One’s been shot through the head, it looks like one’s been shot through the body,’ said Dvorscak.
The scene was an alley behind the boy’s home in East Chicago. Police say he took aim, hunting the cats about two weeks ago.
The act of savagery came to the attention of authorities after an anonymous call was placed to Lake County Animal Adoption and Control Center. That prompted police to canvas the neighborhood. Ultimately they were led to the home of the “archer,” who has since confessed and explained his motive: boredom.
CBS takes pains not to mention the shooter’s ethnicity, a journalistic lapse that often typified crimes committed by members of a “protected class.” Call it idle speculation, but it is worth noting that East Chicago according to the 2010 census has a population that is 93.8% “minority” — 42.9% black and 50.9% Hispanic. The town of 29,698 also boasts a comparatively high crime rate.
- The Oklahoma shooters: The real story
- Black Oklahoma teens shoot white man to death ‘just for fun’
- White teen savagely beaten on FL school bus by purple people eaters
- Will senseless near-deadly beating of white St. Paul man by black gang trigger Jesse Jackson’s moral outrage?
- When will Sharpton, Jackson et. al. break their silence on the Florida school bus beating?
- Back to school … and ‘Trayvon Martin dialogs’
- Ebony,’ libs duped by fake claim that Tea Party planned to boycott Sept issue
- How will history textbooks treat the death of Trayvon Martin? Here’s a sneak preview
- Another round of misleading ‘classroom resources’ on Zimmerman trial
- Sorry, Roddy White, we called ‘No backsies’
- Blacks benefit disproportionately from FL’s ‘Stand Your Ground’ law
- Samuel L. Jackson warns ‘young brothers it’s open season’
- ‘We are all Trayvon Martin’ mural to be unveiled at FL capitol
- Dog struck and killed by car whose driver was aiming to run over dog’s master
- Soccer player ejected after hurling stray dog that wandered onto playing field