On Monday, TMZ, the entertainment outlet often panned by Rush Limbaugh as the primary news source for the low-information left, breathlessly reported that the family assisted by George Zimmerman was — buckle your seat belt — white.
Not just white, mind you, but WHITE, according to a tweet put out by TMZ.
George Zimmerman — Crash Victims Were WHITE http://t.co/kfVOigS0Rj
— TMZ (@TMZ) July 22, 2013
The family that George Zimmerman rescued from an overturned SUV in Florida last week is white … this according to the police report obtained by TMZ.
According to the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office, the two adults who were pulled out of their overturned SUV on July 17 were described as a white male and a white female.
The report sparked a backlash among those who felt the information unnecessarily contributes to the ongoing “white is evil” propaganda adopted by the left and promulgated by the so-called “mainstream media.”
“And this matters how?” one TMZ reader asked.
“I had blue cheese for lunch and green tea. Who cares what color the people were,” another reader said.
According to Twitchy, TMZ also got scolded by many on Twitter.
“Sad how the media makes this yet another race topic. Steers away from the good deed. What’s worse is the ignorant people who buy into it,” one person tweeted.
“I’m sure Zimmerman knew the victims were white before he dove under the truck,” another person sarcastically tweeted.
Indeed, some believe the accident was staged so as to improve Zimmerman’s public image.
In a sane world, such “news” would probably not even be considered by most editors, but we no longer live in a sane world.
Recently, dry asparagus prompted allegations of racism against a Missouri store, and a Portland school principal once declared she could spot racism in a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Even God has been smeared as a gun-toting white racist chasing young black children.
One Twitter user sarcastically offered some sage advice for Zimmerman: “Hey George Zimmerman, the next time you decide to pull a family out of a burning car, make sure they’re not white, k?”
- TMZ sparks backlash over report Zimmerman saved white people in accident
- Martin supporters claim accident staged to improve George Zimmerman’s public image
- A short list of words not considered offensive or racist by liberals
- Gun rights group starts fund to purchase firearm for George Zimmerman
- Jesse Jackson: Trayvon Martin a ‘gentleman’; Obama should make sentiment policy
- Author Brad Thor offers to buy George Zimmerman gun of his choice (Video)
- Bad news for Sharpton and Jackson: U.S. one of least racist countries
- McCain ‘impressed’ with Obama’s divisive ‘coulda been me’ speech on racism
- Obama ignores death threats against Zimmerman in ‘Trayvon coulda been me’ speech
- Obama: ‘Trayvon Martin could have been me’ (Video)