By now, most everyone in the space-time continuum knows that George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer recently acquitted in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, helped save a family of four trapped in an overturned SUV.
What many do not know — but accurately predicted — is that a number of Martin supporters actually think the accident was staged in order to help Zimmerman’s public image.
“So how long is it gonna be before the story gets out that the whole accident was scripted and planned and even rehearsed and then performed for real so that Zimmerman could come upon the scene supposedly coincidentally and be a hero” Rush Limbaugh asked Monday.
“I will guarantee you, if it’s not already out there, it’s gonna be a running theme on Twitter,” he added.
Naturally, Limbagh was right as Twitter users led the charge.
“i’m sorry but that George Zimmerman car accident was staged (sic),” one person tweeted.
“I think so too. Next he will save a kitten from burning house (sic),” one person tweeted in response.
“Is it just me or does it seemed a lil bit staged that Zimmerman rescued someone from a car accident? Timing seems to be funny (sic),” added “Champ Sinatra.”
“Zimmerman didn’t witness the accident, but he responded before the police, or paramedics?!? STAGED!! It’s a d**n shame what they are doing,” one person said without specifying who “they” are.
“Dis n***a Zimmerman staged a accident (sic),” declared one Twitter user.
A search of Twitter revealed hundreds of tweets suggested Zimmerman staged the accident.
Similar comments were seen on Facebook and a number of articles reporting the incident.
“No pics of the crashed SUV, un-named firefighter, un-named family that has made no statements to the media, un-named friend that helped GZ save the family. Anybody else smell a setup?” one reader said at the Huffington Post.
“I’m telling you, the left is insane, and this just can’t be, Zimmerman a hero?” Limbaugh asked.
- Zimmerman helps save victims of accident, Twitter users claim accident staged
- Gun rights group starts fund to purchase firearm for George Zimmerman
- Jesse Jackson: Trayvon Martin a ‘gentleman’; Obama should make sentiment policy
- Author Brad Thor offers to buy George Zimmerman gun of his choice (Video)
- Bad news for Sharpton and Jackson: U.S. one of least racist countries
- McCain ‘impressed’ with Obama’s divisive ‘coulda been me’ speech on racism
- Obama ignores death threats against Zimmerman in ‘Trayvon coulda been me’ speech
- Obama: ‘Trayvon Martin could have been me’ (Video)
- Facebook says ‘Zimmerman must Die’ does not violate community standards
- Judicial Watch: Zimmerman prosecution may have been forced by Obama DOJ
- UPenn professor: Zimmerman verdict shows God is an armed ‘white racist’ stalking young black men
- ‘Kill Zimmerman’ painted on Pennsylvania business before being torched
- Black Caucus to file flurry of bills in response to Zimmerman verdict
- Docs: Obama DOJ facilitated anti-Zimmerman protests with taxpayer money