Fallen food icon Paula Deen may have lost her Food Network cooking show, lucrative endorsement deals, book contracts, and possibly even a trace of her self-respect. But one thing she hasn’t lost is her ability to generate headlines. Last week Deen was in the news after an adult website that specializes in MILF-centric movies offered her six figures to appear in a porn film.
This week she is back. Reuters reports via the Chicago Tribune that the 66-year-old Deen is about to star in a comic book about female empowerment.
Bluewater Productions, which publishes a series of female celebrity-driven comic books, said the biography comic book called ‘Female Force: Paula Deen’ will be released in October and include Deen’s fall from grace.
‘She really changed cooking — and Southern cooking — for women,’ said Bluewater President Darren G. Davis, who added that the comic book had been in the works for several months before many of Deen’s business partners cut ties with her.
Bluewater’s previous oeuvres have featured the likes of Ellen DeGeneres and William Shatner. The company had actually made overtures to Deen to appear as a comic hero several months before the stuffing hit the fan, but she has yet to respond.
Printings of the comics range from about 1,000 copies to 150,000, Davis said, but he didn’t yet know how many Paula Deen copies would go to print.
Deen would not receive any financial remuneration for her appearance. All proceeds from the sale of the books would go to a charity of her choosing.
But whether Deen signs on or not, the “Female Force” series will move apace. Names being bandied about as possible empowering females include Barbara Walters and another female cooking legend, Julia Child.
- ‘Leave Paula Deen alone!’ … says O.J. Simpson?
- Paula Deen offered 6 figures to appear in adult film
- What you probably didn’t know about the Paula Deen dust-up
- Paula Deen held in contempt for failing to turn over profane blooper reel
- After Food Network fires her for racism, Paula Deen finds sympathizer … in Al Sharpton?
- Paula Deen sued for sexual harassment and racism
- Paula Deen, personal health, and personal responsibility
- TV cooking celeb Paula Deen reveals she has type 2 diabetes
- Food fight: Anthony Bourdain and Paula Deen do battle
- Does watching cooking shows on TV make you fat?