Before you file this story under “Most Considerate Thief Ever,” know that a Hartford (Ct.) man who stole a car being used to deliver Chinese food had an ulterior motive in his decision to keep making the deliveries. His plan was not to ensure the moo goo gai pan and egg rolls arrived hot at their destinations. Rather it was to pocket the profits.
The Hartford Courant reports that 45-year-old Keith Hinds was arraigned last Friday on charges that included third-degree larceny and assorted drug-related charges.
Police received a call from a Chinese food delivery driver reporting that his car had just been stolen at Bristow Middle School on Highland Street after he had left it idling to run into the school, police said.
The driver also called his boss at the restaurant to tell him about the car theft, so that the restaurant could call remaining customers and tell them that their orders were stolen along with the car, police said. The people at the restaurant told the driver that one of the orders had been delivered after the theft, presumably by the car thief, police said.
Trending: Cartoon of the Day: Three Stooges
Hinds should have taken the money from the one order and run (faster). Instead he proceeded to the address on one of the two remaining receipts. Unluckily for him, so did police, who arrived in time to intercept him as he was making another delivery.
Police found a crack pipe, a joint, and an anti-psychotic drug on Hinds’s person. He is being held on $5,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in Hartford Superior Court this week.
- HS student goes undercover to catch backpack thief, nabs teacher
- Wal-Mart seeks felony indictment against worker who stole a few cookies
- OH woman arrested after shoveling snow from driveways without permission
- Scammers set up phony charity in name of 6-year-old Newtown victim
- Subway restaurant burglar foiled by his own potato chip trail
- McDonald’s employee arrested for spitting in customer’s drink
- Snackman: NYC’s snack-eating subway vigilante gets his 15 minutes (Video)
- Government buys 7 million pounds of ‘pink slime’ for school lunches
- Prosecutors come down hard on clerk who laced yogurt samples with semen
- SD woman breaks into home … to breastfeed a stranger’s baby
- Teens sentenced to probation after serving birthday cake ‘iced’ with human feces