Let’s see the White House explain this one away. The Daily Caller reports that a second political commentator — former Clinton special counsel Lanny Davis — claimed this morning that he too was threatened by the Obama White House.
Davis told a Washington-based radio call-in show that an Obama aide threatened to have The Washington Times’ White House credentials revoked over columns Davis had written.
In the audio exchange between Davis and WMAL hosts Brian Wilson and Larry O’Connor, the former Clinton appointee said his editor “received a phone call from a senior Obama White House official who didn’t like some of my columns, even though I’m a supporter of Obama. I couldn’t imagine why this call was made.”
The White House aide allegedly told Times editor John Solomon, ‘that if he continued to run my [Davis’] columns, he would lose, or his reporters would lose their White House credentials.’
It is also worth recalling that in 2011 the White House banished San Francisco Chronicle reporter Carla Marinucci from covering future presidential visits to the Bay Area after she used a multimedia capture device to record a taunt by disenchanted supporters at a fund-raiser. The explanation given by the administration at the time was that Marinucci was part of the “print pool” and was violating protocol by using electronic recording equipment. And if you believe that, the White House has a bridge it would like to sell you.
- WH plays down threat senior staffer made against Bob Woodward (Photos)
- ‘Vengeance is mine,’ saieth Obama
- SF Chronicle blasts White House for banishing reporter, then lying about it
- White House banishes reporter for using multimedia to capture irritated Obama
- ‘Who do you trust?’ presidential edition
- The failed policies that got us into this mess: by the numbers
- Obama has delivered ‘change that we believed in’ (says Obama)
- ABC edits out First Lady’s false claim Chicago teen killed by ‘automatic weapon’