It has been said that no good deed goes unpunished. The converse appears to be true as well, at least if you’re liberal.
Dylan Byers writes at Politico that David Gregory, who was originally reported by NBC to be heading out on vacation instead of hosting his weekly Sunday news program “Meet the Press,” will indeed be at his anchor desk tomorrow. Not only that, but he has been granted an exclusive interview with none other than President Barack Obama.
Gregory has been the subject of a police investigation after he showed an empty gun magazine clip on air while interviewing the president of the National Rifle Association last Sunday. Officials at the Washington Metropolitan Police Department have called the action illegal. NBC News has not commented on the investigation.
The sit-down, Obama’s first with Gregory in three years — his last was Sept. 20, 2009 — comes in the waning hours before the “fiscal cliff” deadline. After yesterday’s White House session, the president asserted that he was “modestly optimistic” that a deal would be reached.
- It’s not that Obama won’t cave on taxes; it’s that he can’t
- Why the ride over the fiscal cliff may not be as much fun as Obama thinks
- Obama’s new plan to solve fiscal cliff crisis: ‘Drink some egg nog’
- The fiscal cliff drama could turn out to be the bane of Obama’s presidency
- Left desperate for stories supporting its ‘conservatives are stupid’ narrative
- You think liberals are smarter than conservatives? Prove it
- Even if we avoid the fiscal cliff, your taxes are going up next year
- Left unhappy with Obama’s concessions to GOP
- Has Obama at last become the one they’ve been waiting for?
- Paging candidate Everyman
- Obama to ask Congress to raise debt ceiling again
- By January 2013, Obama will have added as much debt as all 43 prior presidents
- Obama told he needs to get tough, angry (again)
- Rep. Luis Gutiérrez: ‘This is the Obama we voted for’ (Take 12?)
- Will the real Barack Obama please stand up?
- Deal reached: Debt default averted (Video)
- Reid plan, like Boehner plan, dead on arrival