Opposition to President Obama’s putative nomination of Susan Rice to replace Hillary Clinton as secretary of state can mean only one thing: The opposer is racist and his objection to Rice’s appointment is based solely on the color of her skin.
That was the message that was echoed by virtually liberal commentator great and small after 97 House Republicans sent a one-page letter to the president expressing hesitations about Rice’s suitability for the job.
So doesn’t that make outgoing Secretary Hillary Clinton a racist?
The Chicago Sun-Times reported on Firday that Clinton has expressed a preference for Sen. John Kerry, head of the Senate’s Foreign Relations Committee. as her replacement.
According to the article, Sun columnist Michael Sneed was told by a top White House insider that “Hillary is not close to Rice, who is tough—but is not the friendliest person.” The source added that “Hillary’s brief comment recently that Rice had done ‘a great job’ was considered underwhelming and tepid.”
Does this mean that racial conspiracy theorists on the left will now amend their criticism of the 97 GOP House members or at least consider that their motives might have been purer? Surely you jest. Huffington Post writer Bob Cesca resolves this issue to his own satisfaction by noting:
Republicans hate the president because he represents the browning of America and the slow suffocation of white supremacy. They’re willing to permit a few tokens like Marco Rubio, Allen West and Condoleezza Rice because they serve a purpose: to blunt often valid criticism of racism in the party’s rhetoric and electoral strategy. But leaders like Susan Rice and Barack Obama are the real deal, with lopsidedly massive support among all minority groups.
So, by Cesca’s lights, Susan Rice is the real deal but the other Rice, former Secretary of State, Condoleezza, is not, even though she is progressive in a number of her views, including climate change and women’s self-determination. Why Cesca dislikes her he never says. And he is the one throwing out accusations of prejudice.
- Obama now has a Susan Rice problem in addition to his Benghazi problem
- President uses racial code to demean Romney at White House lunch
- Breaking: Top Obama appointee cut reference to Al Qaeda in Benghazi memo
- White House denies stripping mention of Al Qaeda from CIA talking points
- Obama to nominate Susan ‘spontaneous mob reaction’ Rice for Secretary of State
- Breaking: WH had info on ID of Benghazi attackers within 2 hours
- Obama told debate participant he DIDN’T call Benghazi attack terrorism at first
- Joe Biden tells parents of SEAL killed in Benghazi their son had ‘balls’
- Debate 2 opens Pandora’s box on Benghazi consulate attack
- Hillary Clinton’s ‘taking responsibility’ for Libya changes nothing
- Biden Libya debate claim throws Hillary Clinton under the bus (Video)
- New poll says that under Obama, Muslim world dislikes U.S. more than ever
- Outrage: Obama administration wants to give Egypt $450 million in aid
- Obama State Department aide tells reporter to ‘f**k off’
- CA man linked to anti-Muslim film questioned by federal authorities (Video)
- WH denies that Middle East crisis casts doubt on its policies
- Embassy killings and protests prompt MSM, Dems to attack Mitt Romney (Video)