On her MSNBC show last Friday, Melissa Harris-Perry claimed with a perfectly straight face that “arson and looting … are not necessarily violence.” The comment was made in reference to news reports that authorities in St. Louis were considering bringing charges against Louis Head, aka Michael Brown’s stepfather, who on the night the grand jury declined to indict Darren Wilson, implored a crowd of protesters to “burn this motherf**ker down! Burn this b**ch down!”
If you can’t imagine anything dumber coming from the liberal-left than Harris-Perry’s face-palmer, you haven’t been paying attention. NewsBusters’ Kyle Drennan reports:
Appearing on Monday’s NBC Today, ex-CNN host Piers Morgan called on Time magazine to name the Ferguson protesters as the publication’s “Person of the Year” for 2014: “If you ask me what has been the single biggest issue facing Americans right now in this country, it is the whole issue surrounding what happened there…. Everyone’s got to come together and say we are simply better than this.”
The single biggest issue facing Americans right now? Bigger than, say, Iran acquiring a nuke, as that nation seems hell-bent on doing? Bigger than ISIS’s and other jihadist groups’ ongoing war against the West, which recently included the
beheading murder of another American journalist?
It’s also worth noting that Morgan appears to believe that the term Ferguson protesters applies to a single class of individuals with the same ideals and aspirations. Is this an indication that he sees a moral equivalence between the actions of those who saw the killing of an unarmed teen as an opportunity to steal a widescreen TV and those marching in the interests of justice?
- Sharpton: Epidemic of black men abandoning their families is government’s fault (Video)
- Tweet of the Day: Protesters shut down NYC’s Verrazano Bridge during rush hour
- The secret to preventing the deaths of more Eric Garners? Occupy Wall Street (Video)
- MSNBC’s Harris-Perry calls OK beheading ‘workplace violence,’ beheader a ‘gentleman’
- MSNBC’s Harris-Perry says securing border equivalent to racial segregation
- NFL players wear ‘I can’t breathe’ message in solidarity with Eric Garner protesters
- Police, Twitter, blast Rams for their ‘hands up, don’t shoot’ stunt at Sunday game *UPDATE*
- NYPD is warned of black militant group’s plan to shoot on-duty cops
- Message to Ferguson protesters and their supporters: Put up or shut up