You’ve heard the expression “the honeymoon is over.” For recent newlywed Mohammed Ahmed, the honeymoon was over before it started. The Daily Mail reports that the 21-year-old Illinois man was arrested for soliciting a prostitute while on his honeymoon with his new wife in Florida.
Ahmed was among 92 people nabbed in a prostitution sweep conducted by Polk County Sheriff’s Office.
The alleged john answered an online ad, on website Backpage.com, which, to his horror, turned out to be planted by an undercover deputy as part of the four-day operation.
Ahmed left his newlywed in their room at the Omni Hotel in Champions Gate when he went off on his sojourn to pay for sex.
“Left his newlywed in their room” to go have sex? What was she — chopped liver? And if your sympathies aren’t already with the wife, the poor girl became worried when hubby never returned and phone the sheriff’s office to report him missing.
That was when she first learned that he was not missing. He was in the pokey, having been booked on charges of soliciting prostitution and possession of marijuana.
Sheriff Grady Judd said in a statement:
Prostitution is illegal, and those who commit or who derive proceeds from this crime in Polk County can expect to go to jail. The nexus between prostitution and other crime, such as illegal drugs, violence against women, and human trafficking is a real problem.
Cheating on your wife of a few hours is also a real problem.
- Feds nab Saudi traveler with pressure cooker in luggage
- To help her ‘kick the habit,’ woman assaults cop so she will be taken to jail
- Passenger who stripped naked when TSA screened him fined by agency
- Man arrested for playing with toy gun with kids in NYC park
- Escort who tried to bite off man’s penis charged with attempted murder
- Corrections officer busted for trading cookies for sexual favors
- Thief steals Chinese food delivery car, continues making deliveries
- Car buyer performs oral sex on seller to lower sale price
- Cop fired for drunk driving sues city, saying alcoholism is a ‘disability’
- SC woman ran up $400K tab using EMS ambulance as private chauffeur
- 911 caller asks police to help her get refund from drug dealer
- NY mom passes drugs to jailed son through kisses
- Judge sentences teen to 30 days after she flashes middle finger