Ah, to be back in school when all you had to worry about was…. Well, actually, schoolchildren nowadays have been plenty to worry about. Well-meaning but misguided administrators have been working overtime in recent years to make their young charges utterly neurotic by punishing them first with Common Core lesson plans, then again with Draconian zero tolerance policies. And let’s not forget the insistence on classifying all children, regardless of primary sex traits, as purple penguins.
How reassuring, therefore, to see a first grader who exhibits not only a sense of humor but, it seems, a thinly veined contempt for some of the idiocy that passes nowadays for education.
Take the case of the 6-year-old son of a Reddit user with the handle irishchck14. The proud mom posted this photo of a page from a test her son took. Notice his answer to the second part of the question that asks students to back up their calculations by showing their thinking:
As of this writing, the image has been viewed nearly 6.7 million times on Imgur, the image hosting service used frequently in conjunction with Reddit posts.
- Feds’ school-discipline meddling will backfire and increase ‘zero-tolerance’ excesses
- Teen suspended for allegedly making gang sign is latest victim of zero tolerance
- Common Core’s latest target will delight its liberal defenders
- As long as schools persist in teaching Common Core math, every parent should cut a check like this one
- What would happen if schools bucked the trend toward diversity? See for yourself
- Nebraska schools reluctantly agree to stop giving kids gender-neutral handouts