Never having dined at Papa Roux in Indianapolis, I can’t attest to whether the jambalaya or Cajun bean chili pack the requisite heat, but I can tell you that, following a robbery Saturday, those dishes and all others will be served up at a discount to customers who do.
Art Bouvier, owner of the restaurant, is offering 25% off the listed menu prices to customers who can show a handgun license.
According to the Indianapolis Star, Bouvier announced the discount offer on Facebook shortly after the robbery, writing:
If thugs are going to come in and threaten OUR extended family with guns, you’d better believe I will use every trick I know to protect [them].
The message received more than 1,000 likes by 1 p.m. Sunday.
According to Bouvier, the lone robber said, “I have a gun; I’m gonna need all the money out of your registers,” though the man did not show a weapon.
“I’ve told my employees that money is replaceable, your lives are not,” Bouvier said. “Everyone is a little shaken up today; my manager can’t shake the feeling of helplessness, but I don’t want her to fear this happening again.”
The article notes that Bouvier is a strong supporter of the Second Amendment but has never made it a business issue … until now.
“We’re not saying, ‘Show us your gun.’ But if you’re a legal and stable carrier of a [handgun license], I’m going to reward that,” he said. “To me, it’s common sense.”
This is not the first time a restaurant owner has offered a discount to customers who are licensed gun owners. Another Louisiana restaurant (this one actually in Louisiana) took it a step further, offering 10% off the checks of customers who arrived at the restaurant armed. The offer was a backlash to restaurant chains that had instituted “gun-free zones.”
- Apparently, wearing this item of apparel if you are a thief will prevent your arrest
- Restaurateur gives armed diners a discount; liberal heads explode (Video)
- Two more restaurant chains say no to guns
- Let’s end open carry of long guns before the legislature does it for us
- The left is lying to you about guns: Here is evidence
- Federal judge rules obscure Baton Rouge gun ordinance unconstitutional
- Backfire! ‘Moms Demand Action’ kicked out of OK restaurant for ‘threatening’ gun owners