The war on women has just been broadened to include female wannabes. This revelation came during a deeply cerebral panel discussion Tuesday on MSNBC’s “All in with Chris Hayes.” The segment was titled “The Jenner Effect,” which sounds like a novel by Robert Ludlum, but was actually an analysis of reactions on both sides of the ideological spectrum to the transformation of Caitlyn (née Bruce) Jenner.
If you’re eager to view the discussion from start to finish, you’ll have to shop elsewhere inasmuch as the video below features an aside initiated by The Nation’s Michelle Goldberg:
[A] lot of the younger feminists … at the abortions funds no longer want to use the word ‘woman’ in relation to abortion because it excludes trans men.
Hayes, surprisingly, tried to set Goldberg straight (as it were):
[W]e’re talking about reproductive, the physical attributes that allow one to give birth, right? That is part of category that is sex, right? That’s a physical category. That’s not gender.
Goldberg began her response with “right,” even though she clearly meant “wrong”:
[T]here’s been this kind of move to remove the word ‘women’ from a lot of language around abortion, abortion funds and there’s a lot of second-wave feminists – and not only second-wave feminists – who say, you know, if you kind of take, if you take women out of this, and you kind of take an understanding of patriarchy out of this, which I don’t necessarily think you have to do, but I think, yeah, there’s still a lot of sort of conceptual murk to clear away, but among younger people that I’ve talked to, it almost seems amazing to them that anybody would question the need to have gender neutral language.
Someone get Goldberg and “the younger feminists at the abortions funds” to a junior high school biology class, quick!
- The next ‘trans’ frontier: Cutting off your arms and legs to feel ‘normal’
- Transgender surgery isn’t the solution
- ESPN to honor ‘Caitlyn’ Jenner with Arthur Ashe Award for courage
- Tweet of the Day: Libs go ballistic over Bruce Jenner’s ‘coming out’
- Parents angry: K-3 classes read story about transgender child without their permission
- Calif. prison ordered to grant murderer’s taxpayer-funded sex change surgery
- Study: Transgender military veterans committing suicide at dangerously high levels