“People behead for all sorts of reasons,” CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill famously observed last October after an Oklahoma convert to Islam severed the head of a coworker who refused to “submit to Allah.” The comment was delivered with the same dispassion with which one might analyze the reasons for choosing one college over another, but the remark, however doltish, is accurate.
Sometimes, the reasons people behead are political. Take the latest beheading at the hands of the Islamic State. The victim is Barack Obama. The reason you haven’t heard about the president’s execution is because it takes place solely in the make-believe world of animation.
The Times of Israel has the particulars:
The clip, which was uploaded and translated on Saturday by MEMRI, a US-based Middle Eastern media watchdog group, begins with the words “Message to America,” followed by a scene portraying the American president on his knees and crying profusely.
The president’s head is seen held by “Jihadi John” — the British citizen infamous for his role in videos showing the grisly executions of Western citizens captured by the terrorist group — who slaps the American president on the head, calling him a “mule” in Arabic.
“This knife has been craving Obama’s stinky blood and today Allah gave us the power to capture the mule of the Jews,” the executioner says, slapping the president once again and demanding he speak.
“Mom! Dad! Jihadi John is going to slaughter me! Save me!” Obama says in Arabic before the cartoon depicts the jihadist severing the neck of the American commander-in-chief.
The two-minute clip concludes with Obama waking up from a nap in his office, which bears little to no resemblance to the Oval Office of the White House, sobbing over what is assumed to be a bad dream.
Referring to Obama as the “mule of the Jews” suggests IS hasn’t been paying attention or is so blinded by its own anti-Semitism that its members believe anybody who doesn’t agree with its goals or methods must be a friend of the Jews.
As why the Islamic State go to the trouble of making a fantasy video of one of their operatives beheading a cowardly Obama, many possible answers come to mind. Maybe, for example, the group is miffed that he wrote them off last year as “the JV.” Or maybe they are exercised over his repeated and very public claims that they do not represent true Islam. Perhaps they’re read reports of how easy it is to breach White House security and they’re genuinely threatening the president.
To quote Lamont Hill again, there are all sorts of reasons.
Here in any case is the video, which, be advised, is graphic.
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill: ‘People behead for all sorts of reasons’
- Okla. convert to Islam beheads coworker who refuses to convert
- ISIS beheads street magician in Syria for entertaining crowds with his tricks
- Pentagon has another new name for ISIS (and it’s not JV)
- ‘We’re hiring’: Islamic State posts help wanted ads for media reps, teachers, bomb makers
- Latest intruder who manages to bypass White House security is … a toddler
- When Obama repeats the claim ISIS is not Islamic, do its members have a good laugh?
- ISIL captives forced to dig own graves, after which their throats are slit
- Report: ISIS plans on killing ‘hundreds of millions’ in ‘religious cleansing’