Clorox has apologized. I urge readers to boycott the bleach maker until it rescinds its apology, which was a wrongheaded kneejerk reaction to coercion from the PC police and hypersensitive blacks who, frankly, need to get a life.
Here is the back story as reported by CNN Money: Apple recently announced the forthcoming release of its new operating system (iOS 8.3), which will feature 300 new emojis. One of these icons is a smiling pile of poop. The revelation prompted Clorox to tweet, “New emojis are alright but where’s the bleach. [sic]”
This was followed by a poop storm on Twitter. The following is a representative sample of the 985 replies (warning: profanity):
@Clorox Why is the tweet still there? You need to clean up your PR person. Put some bleach on your distasteful marketing ideas.
— IAmPeace(Adrienne) (@DriNicole) April 9, 2015
— BOYS DON’T CRY (@WhereBaeAt) April 9, 2015
@Clorox too late buddy
— palindrome (@afroinstilettos) April 9, 2015
@Clorox LOL. Nice try though.
— Siriusly Black (@simplysope) April 9, 2015
@Clorox you’re just digging a hole. Delete the shit.
— Cissé (@See_Say_92) April 9, 2015
If you haven’t yet figured out what Clorox’s offense was, the CNN piece quotes a second tweet by user IAmPeace(Adrienne) that reads:
Black emojis were added today. Saying this implies you’d rather the emojis be only white, by adding bleach.
Managing to find the Clorox tweet racially offensive takes more than a vivid imagination. It requires paranoia. Sadly Clorox elected to play along, tweeting back:
Wish we could bleach away our last tweet. Didn’t mean to offend – it was meant to be about all the emojis that could use a clean up. — Clorox (@Clorox) April 9, 2015
Seeing racism where none exists has become something of a cottage industry among some blacks and their liberal enablers. For shakedown artists like Jesse Jackson, it’s become a lucrative one.
- WH to use emoji-based social media campaign to reach out to Millennials in time for midterms
- Black Indiana legislator accuses white colleague’s 18-month-old son of racism (Video)
- White House quietly strips emoji from Millennial report
- A big sloppy ‘thank you’ to the MSM for tooting the racism dog-whistle against Bundy
- If asparagus is dried out, the store must be racist
- What to serve – or not – during Black History Month
- Controversy over NBC cafeteria Black History Month menu: A tempest in a stewpot
- Dustup over Obama daughters’ school Pearl Harbor Day ‘Japanese’ menu
- School quickly edits lunch menu offering of ‘KKK chicken tenders’
- From the “You can’t make these things up” department
- School claims 7-year-old is racist for asking classmate about skin color
- Guess what’s racist now? Peanut butter!
- Surprised? Jesse Jackson says stripping title from black little league team that broke rules is racist
- Jesse Jackson to shake down A&E over Duck’s ‘white privilege’ Dynasty