Happy Birthday, Xavier! That’s the name of the child who turned seven some time before March 10, according to the time stamp on the YouTube home video of a frozen moment from his birthday celebration.
In it, the child stands over his cake, which is adorned with a single candle in the shape of the number “7.” Adults can be heard off-screen singing “Happy Birthday.” But when Xavier blows out the candle before the song is completed, the party — and video — both come crashing to a sudden halt.
You may want to hold your ears if you’re offended by profanity because the boy’s “disciplinarian” lets loose with an F-bomb as he takes the child to task over his “dereliction.”
The clip, which was posted to Reddit, features outraged comments from Internet users, one of whom writes, “I’m torn between rage and heartbreak.” That neatly encapsulates my reaction as well.
But the most interesting comment comes from Dominic Kelly of Opposing Views, who asks at the end of his article on the clip, “Do you think this video is an example of discipline gone too far?” A question that might reasonably be posed in reaction is “Is there anyone who doesn’t?”
As for the family of the poor child’, perhaps they need to reminded that Black Lives Matter.
- Woman arrested for swearing in front of her kids
- Horrific beating by girl-gang at NYC McDonald’s; ‘community activist’ blames the restaurant (Video)
- Mom arrested for letting her daughter play in the park
- MSNBC ad advises that the state owns your kids, not you
- TX mom arrested for letting her kids play outside
- Mother of the year: Woman caught shoplifting flees, leaves infant behind
- Shock video: 7-year-old steals phone from woman’s purse at mother’s direction
- Toddler removed by child services after police union posts video of him spewing obscenities