Apparently, the injuries sustained by Democratic Senator Harry Reid in his New Year’s Eve battle with a piece of exercise equipment have affected his memory. The man who as Senate Majority Leader refused to bring 352 bills sent up from the House to the Senate floor for a vote grumbled on Monday:
I’ve never seen debate shut down as aggressively as when Sen. McConnell refused to allow Dems to debate their own amendments for just 1 min.
— Senator Harry Reid (@SenatorReid) January 26, 2015
Here’s Guy Benson at Townhall:
The minority leader hopes Americans will forget that until very recently, he held McConnell’s title. For the full duration of calendar year 2014, Harry Reid permitted precisely 15 amendment votes … on all legislation taken up by the United States Senate. Total. Prior to Reid’s tweet above, the new Republican-controlled Senate had already surpassed that number in one week, and had held 24 votes on amendments to the Keystone bill alone.
But if you think that’s rich, you ain’t seen nothin’ yet. Reid is quoted by another Twitter user as having said:
Sen. Reid yesterday: “The filibuster is an indispensable tool of the minority” — STEW (@StewSays) January 8, 2015
So a “tool of the minority” is now complaining over a procedural change that he himself introduced in 2013 and modified in 2014 to give his party more of an edge.
- Harry Reid loses battle with elastic exercise band
- Harry Reid’s revisionist history of filibuster
- Senate ‘nuclear option’ abolishing filibuster will harm the rule of law
- GOP should hope Harry heaves filibuster
- Watch Harry Reid’s personal goon squad attack ‘Crapitalism’ author Jason Mattera (Video)
- Harry Reid tells Asian audience he can’t keep his Wongs straight (Video)
- Harry Reid: ‘We’re not going to let five white men run women’s lives’