What’s that you say, sonny? You’re seeing red because some cretinous infidels poked fun at your religion with insulting cartoons? You say you are are still feeling miffed even after your fellow radical Islamists took revenge on the non-believers?
If that describes your mental state, then here’s a solution: Why not hold a contest where you invite true believers to draw cartoons insulting another religion? From the Tehran Times (via Weasel Zippers):
Iran’s House of Cartoon* and the Sarcheshmeh Cultural Complex plan to hold another international contest on the theme of Holocaust denial in the near future.
The 2nd International Holocaust Cartoons Contest has been organized in protest against French satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo’s recent publication of the cartoons insulting Prophet Muhammad (S), the secretary of the contest, Masud Shojaei-Tabatabaii, said in a press conference on Saturday.
Shojaei-Tabatabaii, who is also the director of Iran’s House of Cartoon, added that world cartoonists are asked to submit their works before the first day of April.
The first place winners will receive a cash prize of $12,000, the second place will have $8000 and the third $5000.
The top selected works will mainly go on show at the Palestine Museum of Contemporary Art in Tehran and several other locations across the city.
Obviously, the grim irony of this remedy is lost on the organizers of this contest. Whether it is also lost on their friends in the White House is hard to know because they haven’t commented on it and aren’t likely to do so.
* Iran’s House of Cartoon is in no way affiliated with the International House of Pancakes.
- Head of BBC Arabic: Don’t call Charlie Hebdo killers ‘terrorists’
- Muslims outside Paris: Charlie Hebdo attack committed by ‘magical shape shifting Jews’ (Video)
- Media distort coverage of Menendez Iran sanctions delay to make it seem like an Obama win
- The media owe the victims at Charlie Hebdo an apology
- A deeper look at Charlie Hebdo’s religious offenses
- Crass FL company seeks to trademark ‘Je Suis Charlie’ for lines of clothing, luggage, key chains
- MSNBC’s decision to blur ‘Charlie’ cover saddens guest, dispirits host’s mother (Video) *UPDATE*