Who you gonna believe — Secretary of State Jean François Kerry or your lyin’ eyes? Kerry is in Davos, Switzerland, to attend the World Economic Forum. It was there earlier today that he said (video follows):
Today we are witnessing a criminal form of anarchy, a nihilism which illegitimately claims an ideological and religious foundation. Against this enemy we are increasingly organizing and fighting back. But in doing so we have to also keep our heads.
Obviously the biggest error we could make would be to blame Muslims collectively for crimes not committed by Muslims alone. Crimes that the overwhelming majority of Muslims oppose. Crimes that their faith utterly rejects, and that Muslim leaders themselves have the greatest ability to address. Religions don’t require adherence to raise villages and blow up people. [Emphasis added]
From Kerry’s lips to Allah’s ears. Now if only he could persuade radical Islamists that “their faith utterly rejects” the acts of barbarism they commit.
He might want to begin by arranging a sit-down with Abubakar Shekau, the bloodthirsty leader of Boko Haram, who released a video Tuesday in which he claims that Allah ordered his fighters to massacre hundreds of people in the northeastern Nigerian town of Baga earlier this month:
We are the ones who fought the people of Baga, and we have killed them with such a killing as he [God] commanded us in his book…. This is just the beginning of the killings. What you’ve just witnessed is a tip of the iceberg. More deaths are coming.
- Vanderbilt students seek to silence professor critical of radical Islam
- Giuliani calls out Obama: He can’t say ‘radical Islam’ because he’s a coward (Video)
- When Obama repeats the claim ISIS is not Islamic, do its members have a good laugh?
- Video: State Dept’s Harf can’t name non-Islamic source of terrorism
- Apologists, including Obama, blame everything but ‘Islamists’ for Paris terror attack