The police appear to have “acted stupidly” again. That’s one possible reading of Barack Obama’s latest plan of action in re recent events in Ferguson, Mo. Via the Daily Caller:
Obama’s first move in December will be to focus the nation’s attention on complaints about racist cops in African-American communities.
Progressives, Democrats and media outlets stepped up their complaints about law enforcement in African-American neighborhoods after a grand jury decided Nov. 24 to not charge police officer Darren Wilson with any crime following his shooting of a black man in August in Ferguson….
At least Obama has his priorities straight. Yesterday he met with Ferguson activists at the White House to hear their demands (demands?), which he could have read just as easily at the website Ferguson Action. Here is the list of bullet points:
- The federal government using its power to prosecute police officers that kill or abuse people
- Removing local district attorneys from the job of holding police accountable, and instead having independent prosecutors at the local level charged with prosecuting officers
- The establishment of community review boards that can make recommendations for police misconduct, instead of allowing police departments to police themselves
- Defunding local police departments that use excessive force or racially profile. Instead of having the Department of Justice (DOJ) wholesale giving more than $250 million to local police departments annually, DOJ should only fund departments that agree to adopt DOJ best practices for training and meaningful community input.
- The demilitarization of local police departments
- Investing in programs that provide alternatives to incarceration, such as community-led restorative justice programs and community groups that educate people about their rights.
Among those invited to the summit were the president’s BFF Al Sharpton and a St. Louis hip-hop “artist” who goes by the name of T-Dubb-O. The latter is quoted as having said:
If police departments are not committed to community input and oversight, and refuse to train officers appropriately, they should be completely defunded. Funding body cameras and other tactics to review police actions is a start, but that doesn’t solve the problem of too many officers who see us as ‘demons’ and not members of a community. Until we deal with that, we can’t move forward.
The number of police in attendance? Zero.
- Disrespect, race, and Obama (and Oprah and Harris-Perry and…)
- Historically black college cancels student health plans, cites high cost of Obamacare as reason
- Not even Oprah willing to shill for Obama WH when it comes to Obamacare
- Oprah Winfrey: ‘Racist retailer refused to let me look at $35K bag’
- In Oprah’s deep, deep mind, Trayvon Martin = Emmett Till
- In defense of Barack Obama’s absolute, total and utter ignorance
- Would Obama’s gun control measures make it ‘harder to gun down our kids’?