A graphic sexual education curriculum meant for Chicago Public Schools (CPS) fifth and sixth graders shocked parents during a presentation given during “report card pickup “at the Andrew Jackson Language Academy, as reported at DNA Info.
The presentation included slides that are clearly not age appropriate, and include “demonstrations” of applying male and female condoms (FC).
While CPS spokesman Bill McCaffrey said in a statement that the “objectionable material presented at Andrew Jackson Language Academy this week is not and never was part of the student sexual education curriculum” as reported at the local NBC affiliate, the slides shown to parents are also posted at Waters Elementary School as part of the “Sexual Health Education” curriculum for “Grade 6.”
Links to K-8 sex ed lessons can be found here. It should be noted that Waters elementary indicates that they “opted out” of the condom demonstrations, which adds to speculation that the demonstrations were indeed a part of the curriculum.
Fifth and sixth graders are also assured that the “morning after pill” is “NOT an abortion pill,” and that “Youth 12 years of age or older can receive sexual health and reproductive services without parental consent.” The female condom seems to be particularly relevant to the presentation, as there are a considerable number of slides dedicated to this particular form of birth control.
Some of the praise lavished on the FC is that it can be inserted “hours before vaginal sex, so you don’t have to interrupt foreplay to be safe!” The FC, according to the presentation, is great for “Women, men, transgender folk,” and you can use if you are “gay” or “straight.”
Some screenshots of some of the graphic slides (Page 42 is too graphic to be shown here):
Watch a local broadcast featuring parents who were shown the presentation:
- Chicago public schools won’t share new African studies curriculum
- Zantac alert: What they’ll be passing off as education in the Chicago public schools
- Chicago teacher’s union head makes more than many of the ‘rich white people’ she decries
- Chicago: More anti-Semitism, in school and beyond
- ‘Incendiary’ questions on Chicago standardized test pulled after complaints of political bias
- Chicago Teachers Union to Rahm Emanuel: Improving failed schools full of black kids is racist
- Chicago to introduce sex ed for kindergartners
- Parents call Mayor Rahm ‘racist liar’ for Chicago school closings
- Hawaii’s department of education won’t tell parents what it’s teaching their kids about sex
- Inspector General report reveals major abuses by Chicago public school officials
- Sex education: School asks eighth graders ‘how far’ they would go sexually
- Is the CDC populated with a bunch of raving Planned Parenthood activists?
- Gym teacher creates own ‘sex ed’ course, tells students about his ‘first boner’
- Planned Parenthood affiliate offers creepy advice for small children about condoms, gay marriage
- NHS to provide ‘morning after pills’ to young teens without parental consent
- Planned Parenthood teaches teens about BDSM