How nice. Apart from being arrogant, racially divisive, motivated purely by politics, and incompetent, outgoing Attorney General Eric Holder is showing he has quite the potty mouth.
From the Wall Street Journal:
Newly revealed emails show Attorney General Eric Holder trying and failing to contain his temper over the botched Fast and Furious probe, at one point saying “some people can kiss my a—” if they think he was too hard on a U.S. Attorney pushed out over the scandal.
The emails were among 64,000 documents turned over by the Justice Department this week to the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, which has spent years investigating Fast and Furious, a gun-tracking operation by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives. The botched operation allowed guns to be taken to Mexico, apparently in the misguided belief that doing so would help them catch gun-runners for the drug cartels.
In another email from the same batch released Thursday, Holder referred to Rep. Darrell “Issa and his idiot cronies” who
never gave a damn about this when all that was happening was that thousands of Mexicans were being killed with guns from our country. All they want to do — in reality — is cripple ATF and suck up to the gun lobby. Politics at its worst — maybe the media will get it.
Holder’s touching concern for the Mexican people, whose welfare he obviously values more than that of American citizens, was on display in September, when he made a trip south of the border to meet with his Mexican counterpart. The purpose of the trip was not to discuss the fate of Marine Sergeant Andrew Tahmooressi, who was sitting in a Mexican prison in declining health after having taken a wrong turn at the border.
In any case, Holder has little room to complain. According to a 2011 report, at least 122 guns from “Fast and Furious” were used in Mexican crimes.
- Holder email dissed ‘Issa and his idiot cronies’
- Rumors fly that Obama has decided on Loretta Lynch, who is black and female, as U.S. AG *UPDATE*
- As Sgt. Tahmooressi’s health declines, AG Holder meets with Mexican gov’t … for unrelated reasons
- Eric ‘Fast & Furious’ Holder worried about gun safety
- Andrew Tahmooressi released from Mexican jail; Twitter predicts Obama will take credit
- Report: Rifle that killed police chief was among weapons lost during Fast and Furious
- Report: At least 122 guns from “Fast and Furious” used in Mexican crimes
- Eric Holder ‘punk’d’: White man IDing himself as Holder offered AG’s ballot