There are still no boots on the ground in Syria or Iraq, and former Defense Secretary Leon Panetta (White House code name “Turncoat”) now estimates that the nation’s kinetic military action against ISIS will last 30 years, but not to worry. The State Department has entered the fray with the terrorist organization. According to the Weekly Standard:
The Obama administration and the State Department have responded to multiple reports of Americans attempting to join ISIS, the Islamic terrorist group, by setting up a social media campaign called “Think Again, Turn Away.” The effort includes a Facebook page and a Twitter account designed to “expose the facts about terrorists and their propaganda.”
“Don’t be misled by those who break up families and destroy their true heritage,” the federal government entreats would-be terrorists.
Here’s an example:
— Think AgainTurn Away (@ThinkAgain_DOS) October 6, 2014
Ouch, take that, ISIS!
If memory serves, wasn’t Obama the guy who revolutionized electioneering by running a brilliant social media campaign? And this is what he’s up to now?
(h/t Weasel Zippers)
- Leon Panetta: Obama wanted to get out of Iraq no matter what the cost
- Uh-oh: Former Obama Defense Secretary Leon Panetta reveals real reason behind rise of ISIS (Video)
- Panetta: Obama ‘absent’ night of Benghazi raid
- White House claims US not at war with ISIS; ISIS begs to differ; Obama fundraises (Video)
- Latest climate lunacy: Global warming created ISIS
- ISIS claims to shoot down Syrian war plane near Raqqa