In an interview with ABC’s Pierre Thomas this past Sunday, Attorney General Eric Holder was asked about repeated requests from the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the IRS scandal. Holder’s response was that a special prosecutor isn’t necessary, adding that FBI agents were “doing a good, professional job” investigating the matter.
Besides, Holder and his department have more important fish to fry than worrying about some “phony scandal.” Norfolk (Neb.) CBS affiliate KMTV reports that officials with the Department of Justice are in Norfolk to investigate a potential hate crime. At the center of the investigation is a controversial parade float.
Last Saturday, a man put an outhouse on his parade float with a sign that read, “Obama Presidential Library.” A zombie dressed as a farmer was leaning against the building. Parade organizers told KMTV they talked to the creator, who’s a farmer, and he said the zombie was supposed to be him, not the president.
Today, the Iowa-Nebraska NAACP State Area Conference of Branches sent a news release to KMTV Action 3 News, saying they were meeting with Mayor [Sue] Fuchtman Thursday afternoon. “The State Area NAACP has received numerous concerns and inquiries about this issue,” the group said, “and appreciate Mayor Fuchtman and the parade officials’ willingness to have open dialog [sic] and address these concerns.”
Mike Dorstewitz reported on the kerfuffle, including not only a picture of the offending float but a screen capture of a political cartoon from the Bush era by liberal cartoonist Mike Luckovich in which the “Bush Presidential Library” was depicted as an outhouse. But that was then and this is now. Eric Holder wasn’t attorney general back then. Had he been, is there any doubt he would have had Luckovich arrested for his ugly disparagement of the President of the United States?
- Parade float skewering Obama draws criticism from libs with short memory
- Why Eric Holder played the race card on ABC News
- The ‘hate crime’ that wasn’t: The case of Shaima Alawadi (Video)
- Eric Holder’s ‘terrorism committee’ has identified the enemy, and it is us
- The disastrous tenure of ‘Obama’s Enforcer’ (Eric Holder)
- Most dangerous division of Holder’s DOJ you’ve never heard of
- Attorney General Eric Holder’s dishonest attack on Chief Justice Roberts
- Holder: No plans to investigate VA book-cooking, deadly delays for vets
- Eric Holder announces plan to protect ‘his people’ from ‘the bad people’