How do you spell respect? The president spells it “R-S-P-E-C-T.” Or at least he did last night during the latest instalment of the concert series, “In Performance at the White House.” This one was a tribute to “Women of Soul,” and Aretha Franklin herself was on hand to witness Obama’s mangling of the title of her signature anthem.
In the video, which follows, the musicologist in chief seems to catch himself but decides to continue on amid titters from the audience, telling them:
When Aretha first told us what R-S-P-E-C-T meant to her, she had no idea it would become a rallying cry for African Americans, and women, and then everyone who felt marginalized because of what they looked like or who they loved. They wanted some respect.
What all this signifies of course is nothing. People stumble and misspeak. Perhaps the flub would have gone unnoticed were it not for…
- The absolute federal case liberals made out of the slightest verbal miscue by former president George W. Bush (who, Unlike Obama, was a man who truly got no rspect.
- The White House’s need to attempt to bury or whitewash Obama’s occasional blunders.
- The president showed a little more humility and a little less arrogance.
Trending: Cartoon of the Day: Three Stooges
P.S. Obama had better get his act and pronunciation guide together before the next installment of “In Performance at the White House,” which will feature works by Antonin Dvořák and Jan Paderewski.
- President gets name wrong in speech: WH buries blunder
- Bushism of the day: WH gets sex of Korean president wrong on memo
- Obama: ‘Unless you’re a Native American, you came from someplace else’
- Obama’s arrogance highlighted by left-leaning Politico.com
- Obama’s latest gaffe: We’re the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad
- Obama gets his own daughter’s age wrong
- Where’s Weirdo: Obama’s very special photo op
- Obama signs Westminster Abbey guestbook, dates it ‘2008’
- Obama’s slip is showing again: Gets history of atom wrong in big speech
- Obama marks Hanukkah two weeks early, flubs lighting of Menorah
- Corpse-Man in Chief