The First Amendment extends to all Americans the right to free speech. At the University of Alabama, however, some speech evidently is freer than others, with administrators the self-appointed arbiters.
Campus Reform notes that Bama Students for Life set up a pro-life triptych on campus emblazoned with the message “NOT SAFE, NOT RARE, just legal.” The display also noted that “56 million human beings have been aborted since Roe V. Wade” and featured a photo of convicted late-term abortion physician Kermit Gosnell along with two small photos of aborted babies.
Claire Chretien, president of Bama Students for Life, told Campus Reform that the display was mounted on Jan. 17 but was gone by Feb. 6 without any explanation. In the video that follows, Chretien pays a visit to Event Coordinator Donna Lake, who can be heard telling her, “You guys were lucky to get it up there as long as you did.” Lake maintains that university policy allows her to remove displays that have “offensive or graphic material.”
But Chretien insists that the university has allowed posters featuring full frontal male nudity and bloodstained movie advertisements, suggesting a double standard. “Who defines what is and is not offensive?” she asks rhetorically.
- U of Chicago Sex Week includes ‘Temple of C*m,’ ‘Taste of Kink,’ rope-tying
- College Feminists celebrate Sex Week at Northwestern U. with ‘sex position cookies’
- University displays billboard-sized naked vaginas in pro-abortion exhibit
- The vagina monolith: Suggestive sculpture under wraps at Wasilla High School
- College hosts sex and masturbation tutorial in a church
- University to sponsor workshop on better orgasms for co-eds (Photos)
- University of Minnesota sponsors ‘unfair to be white’ campaign (Photos)
- DOJ upholds transgendered man’s lawsuit over right to use female restrooms
- Women in NYC go topless for the revolution (Photos)
- Bare-breasted activists parade through NYC for ‘Go-Topless Day’
- Fake ‘doctor’ falsely diagnosed women with cancer, ‘cured’ them via molestation
- Upstate NY women arrested for strolling naked through store
- Love & Paint: One small step for sex; one smaller step for art
- College orders construction crew to remove sexist ‘men working’ sign
- Obama campaign e-card: ‘Can I borrow $18,000 for birth control’ (Photos)
- Suppose American universities gave courses and nobody came
- Touré tweets ‘get your abortions NOW in case the Republicans win’
- NYC mandatory sex ed curriculum to include porn, bestiality