Hey, what’s the big whoop? Everyone exploits Super Bowl week to make a little extra cash. Stores selling sports memorabilia and related merchandise stock up on tchotchkes connected in some way to the big game. Restaurants alter their menus — and their prices — to reflect their team spirit.
Who can blame a Florida contender for the title “mother of the year” for bringing her minor daughter north to the Big Apple to sell her into sexual servitude for an hour or two? The long arm of the law, that’s who. The Smoking Gun reports that Yolanda Ostolaza, 39, has been in police custody since Wednesday, after signing a misdemeanor criminal complaint in which she admitted, “We came up here to work and make money with a pimp. I knew it was for escorting and prostitution.”
As for her child’s role in the illegal activity, Ostolaza told police, “I thought my daughter was just going to do the fetish stuff.”
Undercover vice detectives conducted a sting, initially contacting the teen via an online ad and arranging to fork over $200 for a sexual encounter at a Manhattan hotel. When officers later took the girl into custody, she told them her age and said that her mother was waiting for her at a nearby hotel.
Ostolaza has been charged with endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor, and remains in lock-up in lieu of $2,000 bail. Her daughter has been placed in the custody of child protective services.
Not surprisingly, Ostolaza, a New Jersey native, has had previous run-ins with the law. Her rap sheet includes a narcotics distribution conviction for which she was sentenced to probation. Florida court records reveal that she was sued last month for eviction by the owner of the apartment complex where she lives with her family.
- Mother of the year: Woman caught shoplifting flees, leaves infant behind
- Mother jailed for up to 30 years for burning off teen son’s penis and nipples with lighter
- Shock video: 7-year-old steals phone from woman’s purse at mother’s direction
- Mother kills her 2 kids while performing exorcism on them
- Shoplifter instructs 7-year-old to help her assault store clerk
- Mother fleeing crime scene uses own infant as human shield
- Mom Tased daughter in the face for poor job cleaning house
- FL woman left young kids in car while attending rap concert
- Mom forces 9-year-old to pose nude for ‘porn shots’ to send to fiancé in jail
- Staten Island parents charged with attempting to abandon child at police station
- Abandoned children found running naked through Jersey City streets
- NJ mother arrested for taking 6-year-old to tanning salon (Photos)
- Prosecutor blames mother for starvation death of Brooklyn 4-year-old
- NYC mom sues city for $900 trillion for taking custody of her children
- Brooklyn mother abandons daughters, 3 and 5, on sidewalk, drives off (Update)