So this is how a hopelessly misguided legislative initiative designed to transfer one sixth of the nation’s economy to the federal government ends — not with a bang but with a whimper. Someone needs to sit down with the nation’s editors and members of the Party of Science and explain that the exception proves the rule.
Last week, the face of Obamacare’s elusive success was that of Susan E. Whigham, a Florida resident whose letter to the editor of the Orlando Sentinel was featured on the paper’s op-ed page. The letter was titled “No apologies — Obamacare works.”
This week it’s Lori Greenstein Bremner, who is described by CNN, which carries her pro-Obamacare op-ed. as “a cancer survivor, a single mother and a self-employed real estate agent in Sonoma, California, who struggled to obtain and afford health insurance for more than three decades after her diagnosis.” The lengthy piece that follows affirms that the system works.
First off, a heartfelt mazel tov both to Bremner and Whigham. It’s good to hear you both got covered — especially Bremner, whom the old system failed, according to her narrative.
Having so said, let me ask, “So what?” These few anecdotal bits and pieces from left-leaning publications that want to continue to pursue the Obama rainbow reveal more about them than they do about their guest authors or the Affordable Care Act. Publishing the periodic success story is akin to the TSA’s sending out news releases reporting that the agency has confiscated another weapon. You don’t get styles points when things work the way they’re supposed to.
So with Obamacare. Yes, there are success stories. But they are drastically outnumbered by the failures. CNN is aware of this. A video clip accompanying Bremner’s essay tries to put a happy face on the rollout of the law, which reporter Jim Acosta declares jubilantly, is working “in some states but not all states.” But then Acosta goes on to acknowledge that the Healthcare.gov website is still a source of “heartburn” and reminds viewers that the deadline for repairing it is 9 days away.
The question is when do news outlets on the left stop whistling past the graveyard and own up to the grim reality?
- ‘No apologies needed — Obamacare works’ … says Susan E. Whigham
- In the shadow of ObamaCare disaster, liberals take cheap shots at President Bush
- Add Pelosi to list of Dems who promised you could keep your health plan
- Upshot of Obama’s meeting with insurers: They knew what was in law, but he didn’t?
- In defense of Barack Obama’s absolute, total and utter ignorance
- Obama’s ‘fix’ exposes another Obamacare lie (Video)
- Obama’s illegal, deceptive ‘fix’ to Obamacare won’t restore canceled insurance policies for most
- Official administration response to accusations Obama’s ‘fix’ is illegal
- CBO: Obamacare individual mandate delay would save $35 billion
- By postponing employer mandate, Obama has opened door to countless lawsuits
- 12 questions Obama refuses to answer about his big business Obamacare delay
- WH proposes broadening eligibility for Obamacare subsidies, but at what cost?
- About that Obamacare penalty: The government has no way of enforcing it
- WH has missed half of Obamacare’s legally imposed implementation deadlines
- How the president is flouting Obamacare