But in this case it’s no joke. Well, at least it’s not meant to be funny. Come to think of it, what is it supposed to be?
The Daily Caller notes:
Far from being a mistype, that’s the official number that Health and Human Services wants Americans to dial when seeking health care. Obamacare’s national call center really did list its number as 1-800-318-2596, helpfully spelling out President Barack Obama’s tendency to blatantly flip the bird in plain view.
After allowing for the lack of letters attached to 1 on a traditional American telephone keypad, the number spells out a clear message. For every duped voter, every young invincible weighing the cost of a penalty versus a newly tripled yearly deductible, every ailing old granny in a wheelchair (whom, remember, Paul Ryan wants to push off a cliff) who needs adequate and affordable health care, Obama’s message is:
1-800-3(F) 8(U) 2(C) 5(K) 9(Y) 6(O).
TDC observes that the non-functional 1 (which appears after the “F”) could have been swapped out with a final 8, completing the message, but maybe this was intentional. Maybe Obama was going for the “’hood” version of the profane imperative: “F**k yo!”
In any case, what a card! This bit of inane sophomoric shtick is almost as funny as Obama’s claim yesterday, made with a straight face, that he has bent over backwards to work with Republicans.
Turning serious for a moment, this time Obama has crossed a line. In the past he has denigrated the office of president by bowing to foreign leaders and appearing on late-night television. Now he has disgraced the once-high station entrusted to him by allowing bathroom humor to invade the government’s dealings with its citizenry.
He himself has become a joke — an unfunny one at that. He needs to go.
- History will not look kindly on Obama’s boundless ignorance
- How long will the shutdown last and who will take the fall for it?
- Latest Obamacare ‘fail’ provides GOP with big opening
- Obamacare administrators to rely on the honor system for new enrollees
- Don’t qualify for Obamacare’s subsidies? Just lie
- Scales fall from MSM’s eyes as reporters contemplate horrors of Obamacare
- Obama selfish, stubborn on health care
- With Obama, it’s still all about him (Update)
- Poll: 7 out of 10 voters concerned about Obamacare
- Obama: Republicans ‘trying to mess with me’
- Obama: ‘I’ve bent over backwards to work with GOP’
- Russian news anchor flips the bird at mention of the name Obama (Video)
- Barack Obama: “funniest person alive”
- Remember when Obama was too cool to joke about?