What could be more perverse than a nonprofit firm being commissioned to sign people up for Obamacare a year and a half after it was sued for fraud? Try the fact that the group’s calling card reads “Community Development.” That’s the racket Barack Obama was involved in up until he was given a real (realer?) job in the private sector.
The New York Post reports that Seedco, a New York-based firm, was sued by the federal government in 2012 for falsifying more than a fifth of 6,500 job placements under a $22.2 million federally funded contract.
Now Seedco is back, this time joining with the currently closed government to train “patient navigators” so that they can assist health insurance seekers maneuver through the labyrinthine maze that is Obamacare. On this go-round Seedco is partnering with dozens of New York agencies, including the Gay Men’s Health Crisis, Food Bank for New York City, and the Chinese American Planning Council. It has also signed contracts with agencies in Georgia and Tennessee, from which states it will receive $2.1 million and $1.2 million respectively.
A statement from the company indicates it under new (and reportedly cleaner) management and that all employees involved in the previous confidence schemes had been fired or forced out. In all seven managers at two job centers were removed. The statement goes on to say:
As a result of these and other operational changes, we strongly believe that Seedco has the experience, integrity and commitment to carry out this work.
But critics, cognizant of the immutability of leopards’ spots, caution about the potential for fraud.
- How unaffordable will the Affordable Care Act be? By the numbers
- Jeff Flake: A government shutdown could help rescue Obamacare
- Half billion in ObamaCare dollars to go to community organizations like ACORN
- BREAKING: Obama administration wastes $100 million paying electric bills of dead people
- Over $22 million in stimulus money sent to dead people
- Wash. Post’s Petula Dvorak agrees: Members of Congress should be beheaded over shutdown
- Cover-up: IPCC report dismisses global warming stoppage because of gov’t pressure
- The IRS never stopped: They’re still targeting the tea party
- What you’re missing today
- Obamacare quadruples costs for some, rewards others who quit working
- Obamacare website quietly drops reference to ‘free’ health care
- Dem quoting Bible verse on House floor replaces reference to God with ‘the people’
- GOP delays Obamacare, funds government: Let Obama shut it down
- As eleventh hour approaches, glitches in Obamacare launch multiply
- Obama selfish, stubborn on health care
- With Obama, it’s still all about him (Update)
- Poll: 7 out of 10 voters concerned about Obamacare
- Obama: Republicans ‘trying to mess with me’