There is some good news and some bad news for Anthony Weiner. The good news is that his approval numbers continue to remain high among one demographic. The bad news is that that demographic is women between the ages of 18 and 26 (also known in Carlos Danger’s personal “dating” vernacular as “fresh meat”).
U.S. News reports that SeekingArrangement.com, which describes itself as “The Elite Sugar Daddy Dating Site for those Seeking Mutually Beneficial Relationships & Mutually Beneficial Arrangements,” surveyed over 18,000 female members. The poll, results of which were released Monday, found that 63% of respondents say they approve of the New York City mayoral hopeful, with the strongest endorsement — 78% — coming from women in the 18 to 26 age range.
The “Ween,” as Weiner is known among cognoscenti, scores less well (both poll-wise and otherwise) among mature (and “maturing”) females, netting a 35% approval rating among women 27 to 34. That number droops to a flaccid 21% approval among women 35 and older.
So what quality draws younger women to the former U.S. Congressman like moths to a flame? The answer is, in a word, power. Weiner’s second most desirable trait is his occupation, followed by intelligence and then money. Looks brings up the rear.
The poll appears not to have queried whether respondents found self-delusion a quality they admired in a man, but an interview Weiner gave to Denis Hamill of the Daily News — in which he expressed his belief that he will survive the most recent sexting scandal — suggests it’s a quality he possesses in abundance. Either the candidate is unaware or unwilling to acknowledge that his overall poll numbers are in free fall, having plummeted 14% in two days’ time, dropping him to fourth place in the mayoral race.
As though his problems were not already insurmountable, his campaign manager resigned over the weekend (see video below), and his wife, Huma Abedin, has found herself under the microscope, faced with questions about possible work improprieties.
- Weiner sexting partner in beach bikini photo spread
- Weiner delusional: ‘I will survive’
- Huma faces questions about dual jobs
- Worth a chuckle: Clintons dislike being compared with Weiners
- Exclusive: Anthony Weiner’s sexting partner’s ex-boyfriend: She was a ‘Fatal Attraction’
- No, Cokie, Weiner’s no Harlequin hero
- Pornographer to make Weiner film starring sexting partner
- Weiner’s sexting partner ‘Sydney Leathers’ was Obama for America organizer
- Anthony Weiner accused of another online tryst, this time using persona of ‘Carlos Danger’: Update
- Shrinkage alert: Weiner’s poll number go from 5 up to 9 down