This bombshell should do wonders for the moods of folks like the rational and fair-minded citizen pictured here. Many were ready to lynch George Zimmerman based on the poisonous claim made by race hucksters like Al Sharpton and reinforced by the leftist blogosphere that the verdict was in some way unfair. Now, ABC News reports, one juror has poured gasoline on that bonfire. She has come forward and said that Zimmerman “got away with murder” and feels that she owes an apology to Trayvon Martin’s parents.
The juror in question was not identified by name — the court sealed the jurors’ identities during the trial and the court order still hasn’t been lifted — but Juror B29, as she is known, has been described as the only minority member of the all-female panel. She told Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” that she was the lone dissenter and was holding out for a hung jury.
But interestingly, she also characterized her and her fellow jurors’ view this way:
You can’t put the man in jail even though in our hearts we felt he was guilty. But we had to grab our hearts and put it aside and look at the evidence. [Emphasis added]
The part about the jurors grabbing their hearts sounds painful, but look again at the highlighted phrase. It sounds as though the jury, including Juror B29, did exactly what they were entrusted to do: To weigh the evidence in light of the law and render a verdict accordingly.
Later on in the interview, the woman admitted feeling “confused, where if a person kills someone, then you get charged for it.” Then she added, “But as the law was read to me, if you have no proof that he killed him intentionally, you can’t say he’s guilty.”
So why is she now claiming that justice was not served? Does she feel as though she let the Martin family down because she and they are both black? If so, someone needs to tell her that what she is espousing is racism — treating a person differently based on the color of his skin. Someone needs to point out to her that justice is blind, or at least is supposed to be.
- (Vigilante) Justice for Trayvon: Teachers threaten to teach that ‘FL kills black kids’
- Zimmerman Derangement Syndrome and its leftist enablers
- Disgusting: Family rescued by Zimmerman fears hate mobs
- NY man who threatened to ‘kill all whites’ after Zimmerman verdict arrested
- TMZ: Family helped by George Zimmerman was (gasp) WHITE
- The cold-blooded murder involving a black 17-year-old that hasn’t received wire-to-wire media coverage
- Obama’s double standard on race challenged by the 2009 shooting death of a white teen by a black adult
- How will history textbooks treat the death of Trayvon Martin? Here’s a sneak preview
- Why is DOJ refusing to give George Zimmerman back his gun?