On Monday, CNN aired George Zimmerman’s social security number and other personal information including his address and telephone number on national television, Politico reported. Zimmerman is currently on trial for the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.
The network broadcast a photocopy of a document that included his address, date of birth, social security number and phone number at 12:16 p.m. Eastern Time, Politico said. The information CNN aired was more than enough to allow his identity to be stolen.
Twitchy reported that “cretinous Twitter users” rejoiced in the disclosure and began passing it around on the social media site.
“[I] got George Zimmerman social security number nan nan boo boo (sic),” tweeted “Young Goddess.”
“[G]et me a iphone 5 in his name lol (sic),” added another Twitter user.
Mediaite said CNN “accidentally” aired Zimmerman’s personal information while Sanford police detective Doris Singleton testified about her interview with the neighborhood watch volunteer.
The prosecuting attorney then pulled up a copy of the “narrative report” for the court to view. The report was picked up by the court feed and the attorney zoomed in on his personal information.
“Get that down, get that down,” said an unidentified person in the court.
“Oh my god,” the prosecuting attorney said. “How can I clear it?” he asked before removing it.
The Twitchy staff said they wouldn’t blame Zimmerman if he chose to sue the network. If he did, it would be his second lawsuit against a member of the so-called “mainstream media.”
In December 2012, he filed a defamation suit against NBC for editing a 911 to make Zimmerman appear racist.
- Yes, Virginia, there is a Democrat-media complex
- And Justice for All…Except Zimmerman
- Twitter explodes with death threats against George Zimmerman, white people
- New Black Panther leader in racist rant: ‘I don’t follow American law’
- New Black Panthers threaten to kill white people on Twitter
- ‘Kill Zimmerman’ Twitter account advocates murdering Trayvon Martin shooter
- Video: High school students protesting Trayvon Martin shooting ransack store
- Twitter users issue death threats against Trayvon Martin shooter, Geraldo Rivera
- Black Caucus resolution blames racial bias for Trayvon Martin shooting
- New Black Panther Party poster: George Zimmerman wanted ‘Dead or Alive’
- FL man arrested for death threats against police chief in Trayvon Martin case
- Witness: Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman before shooting
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?