In a campaign fundraising email posted Tuesday at Weasel Zippers, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said she’s “sick and tired” of “useless” House Republicans blocking Barack Obama’s progressive agenda, and claims the only way to fix the “problem” is to elect more liberal Democrats.
“I can’t do that alone,” she said in the DCCC email. “I need your people-power to back me up.”
“I’m counting on you to step up and help me kick the useless Republican Majority out,” she added.
Pelosi specifically cited the background check legislation that failed earlier this year.
Obama reacted sharply to the failure of his gun control bills passing the Democratic-controlled Senate, calling advocates of the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms liars.
The House Minority Leader even bragged once that Democrats are trying to “save life on this planet as we know it today.”
Her statements once earned her a sharp rebuke from Sarah Palin, who called her a “dingbat” and a “perfect spokesman” for the “far left running the Democrat Party.”
Last June, Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C. called her “mind-numbingly stupid,” and suggested she “schedule an appointment” with a doctor.
Weasel Zippers had a short message for the California Democrat: “The feeling is mutual, Nancy.”
- Nancy Pelosi: ‘Tax cuts are spending’
- Sarah Palin: Nancy Pelosi a ‘dingbat’, ‘perfect spokesperson’ for radical left
- Nancy Pelosi: ‘God bless’ the Wall Street protesters
- Nancy Pelosi: Give Obama dictatorial power to raise debt limit to infinity
- Nancy Pelosi: Democrats ‘trying to save life on this planet as we know it’
- GOP Rep. Gowdy: Nancy Pelosi ‘mind-numbingly stupid,’ recommends doctor visit
- Nancy Pelosi: Right to keep and bear arms in the First Amendment