We start with a narrative out of Kentucky, where on Tuesday a 12-year-old was sent home from Mahaffey Middle School for violating the dress code.
The objectionable shirt worn by Cejai Taylor bore the slogan “Support Our Troops.” If you’re wondering what’s wrong with that, you’ll wonder that much more when you hear where Mahaffey Middle School is located: on the army base at Fort Campbell.
Fox News Insider reports that Taylor is the daughter of a U.S. soldier deployed overseas. She wore the shirt to honor her father, Sgt. James Taylor, and other service members.
Administrators insist the problem with the shirt is that it lacked a collar.
Connecticut and Guns Don’t Mix
A student attending high school in coastal Connecticut was ordered to remove his shirt on Monday. The reason was not that the administrators at Guilford High are a bunch of perverts (that it might turn out that that is the case as well) but rather that the T-shirt sports a picture of a rifle and the caption, “Plead the Second.”
Eighteen-year-old Matt Zingarella told WTNH-TV that he was exercising his free speech rights by wearing the shirt to Guilford High School on Monday, but was immediately asked to remove it.
Guilford is about 40 miles from Newtown, where the Sandy Hook shootings occurred.
Zingarella says he has studied the school dress code and claims that it doesn’t appear that the shirt is banned. Administrators argue that the shirt can disrupt the educational process.
Waiting for Mr. Right
Finally, The Smoking Gun reports that a man wearing a novelty T-shirt with sexually explicit content was arrested Saturday after refusing a directive from Spartanburg, S.C., police to vacate a public park,
When cops approached Miller and told him that he was not allowed to wear the shirt in [a public setting], he reportedly became irate and ‘said he would wear the shirt any fucking where he wanted to.’
Perhaps timing was an issue as well. Miller was in the park on the one day of the year when it hosts a concert devoted to raising awareness of sexual violence against women.
After refusing to leave and flipping the bird at cops to boot, Miller was busted for disorderly conduct. He was released Saturday evening after posting a $262 bond.
- WI schools teaches conservatism, Reagonomics to blame for cynicism in nation
- Don’t waste billions in tax dollars on armed guards for America’s schools
- NY school district apologizes for asking students to ‘argue Jews are evil’
- School teaches freedoms sometimes need to be relinquished for greater good
- Public school teaches that conservatism ‘restricts personal freedoms’
- CT school teaches that Americans don’t have constitutional right to bear arms
- LU exclusive: School disciplines 6-year-old over drawing based on book obtained at school
- Newtown parents bristle at Michael Moore’s call to release crime scene photos
- Michael Moore: Let’s release bloody photos of Newtown corpses
- NH school district bans dodgeball