Take that, you cynics on the right! (And that and that and that!) The president of the United States silenced scoffers once before by releasing his birth certificate. Now he has done it again.
The Weekly Standard reports that on Saturday, the administration released an official photo of the president firing at “clay targets on the range at Camp David, Md.” The photo, dated Aug. 4, 2012, is by White House photographer Pete Souza and carries this caption:
This official White House photograph is being made available only for publication by news organizations and/or for personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that in any way suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.
There is no language to the effect that the photo resolves once and for all questions about the president’s honesty raised by the enemies of the state at FOX News and similar ‘entertainment’ outlets, though comments Obama made as recently as last week suggest its absence may be the result of an overzealous editor.
But back to the photo and what we can learn from it. Judging from the horizontal position of the shotgun barrel and the puff of smoke — indicating that it has just been fired — one can deduce that Obama is aiming at a stationary target. That’s more akin to shooting fish in a barrel than it is to skeet shooting, but give the man credit. For all his bluster about gun control, he appreciates the palpable pleasure of pointing and squeezing off a round. Just don’t get in his way when he’s armed.
- Stallone latest Hollywood denizen to voice support for gun control (Photos)
- Government officials can still own assault weapons under Feinstein bill
- Rahm Emanuel urges two major banks to stop lending to gun manufacturers
- Obama’s inability to be all things to all people hits him in pocketbook
- Texas, Missouri, other states respond post-haste to block Obama gun ban
- Obama raises hypocrisy bar with 23 executive orders in one fell swoop (Photos)
- Obama exploiting innocent kids to promote gun control: The movie (Photos)
- Gawker publishes list of ‘all the a**holes who own guns’ in NYC
- Kindergartner suspended for threatening to ‘shoot’ a classmate with bubbles
- MSM anchors see insulting historical antecedents in gun debate
- Another Maryland 6-year-old suspended for pointing finger like gun
- Gun maker claims BofA froze funds, said he ‘should not be selling guns online’
- Michael Moore: ‘Calm down, white people, and put away your guns’ (Photos)
- CT town to burn violent video games as school begins again (Photos)
- Video mocking celeb anti-gun PSA goes viral
- Liberals toy with idea of profiling white males as solution to Newtown
- Newtown 7th grader seeks to rid nation of violent video games