Weapons used by government officials and law enforcement will not be prohibited by the law proposed by the California Democrat, which would prohibit the sale, manufacture and importation of 158 specifically named semi-automatic weapons and ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. [Emphasis added]
The article notes that more than 2,200 types of hunting and sporting rifles would also be exempt, which is good news for the president. Over the weekend, the commander-in-chief admitted during an interview with The New Republic that he has a fondness for skeet shooting. He added:
I have a profound respect for the traditions of hunting that trace back in this country for generations. And I think those who dismiss that out of hand make a big mistake.
Accordingly, firearms designed to be used for sport will now presumably come with warning labels similar to the tags found on mattresses, alerting the sportsman that the weapon is not to be trained on, much less fired at, humans.
Note by the way that the president is exempted twice from Feinstein’s bill — as a “government official” he is also permitted to carry. It makes you think twice about the otherwise preposterous-sounding allegation that “the Obama administration is attempting to strip citizens of their weapons” in preparation for a coup similar to Hitler’s takeover of Germany.
- Rahm Emanuel urges two major banks to stop lending to gun manufacturers
- Texas, Missouri, other states respond post-haste to block Obama gun ban
- Obama raises hypocrisy bar with 23 executive orders in one fell swoop (Photos)
- Obama exploiting innocent kids to promote gun control: The movie (Photos)
- Gawker publishes list of ‘all the a**holes who own guns’ in NYC
- Kindergartner suspended for threatening to ‘shoot’ a classmate with bubbles
- MSM anchors see insulting historical antecedents in gun debate
- Another Maryland 6-year-old suspended for pointing finger like gun
- Gun maker claims BofA froze funds, said he ‘should not be selling guns online’
- Michael Moore: ‘Calm down, white people, and put away your guns’ (Photos)
- CT town to burn violent video games as school begins again (Photos)
- Video mocking celeb anti-gun PSA goes viral
- Liberals toy with idea of profiling white males as solution to Newtown
- Newtown 7th grader seeks to rid nation of violent video games